Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Yellow Split Pea Soup

Yesterday, I finally made a yellow split pea soup on which I have been putting off for awhile. We love this soup so much and I have to make it because we still have ham from Christmas Party. Anyway, when I cook, I just eyeball the ingredients especially the spices and sometime made up my own version. This soup is very easy to make especially if you have a pressure cooker, but you don't, just do it the old fashioned way. I used a pressure cooker here.

Here's how I cooked it:

Ingeredients: 16 oz of yellow split pea bean, ham, celery, carrots, onion, 3-4 cups of water and parsely for garnishing.

Procedures: Wash/rinse split pea 3 to 4 times; then put it in a pressure cooker with water and the rests of the ingredients. Cover and let it cooked till the cooker stopped. That it, season with salt according to your taste. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I want to try this recipe Ces.. seems the recipe is kind of simple.. tapon lang sa pressure cooker hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga, Umma, that easy, i wished all recipes are like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..very neat and simple..ma try ko din to te..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, dhemz, it is very easy and my son loves it just like ginisang monggo he he he.

    i posted the new year's tag here dear.

    ReplyDelete

 


ss_blog_claim=d90ec15b61874ed46c473eace0feb06d