Friday, October 30, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
This super sale coincides with record-low air fares across the Asia Pacific region thus, allowing travelers to enjoy some of the world's most exciting cities at bargain rates; plus over one million hotel rooms are on sale, with rates starting at a low price of only $30 per night. Accor offers their clients an expertise in dealing two core businesses which are hotels to stay and the best services for over 40 years. So wait no longer, book your travel and holidays between October 27-30, 2009 for your stay between December 2009 to April 2010. It is indeed an amazing sale compared to the rates of other hotels around!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
1 cup buttermilk: 1 cup milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice (not in raw applications, like buttermilk dressing)
1 teaspoon : ¼ teaspoon baking soda + ½ teaspoon cream of tartar, OR ¼ teaspoon baking soda + ½ cup buttermilk, or yogurt (for ½ cup of liquid in recipe)
1 cup : 1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup brown sugar: 1 cup granulated sugar + 1 ½ tablespoons molasses, OR ½ cup dark brown sugar + ½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream: 1 cup yogurt (low-fat or regular)
1 cup cake flour: + 1 cup (minus 1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar: 3 teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar (for meringue or similar), OR 2 teaspoons baking powder (for tartar and 1 teaspoon baking soda)
Too salty: add small amounts of vinegar (any kind) until the salty taste dies down
Stale: add a piece of bread to the package (works especially well for old brown sugar)
Dry turkey: as you carve it, spray the turkey with warm chicken stock
Lumpy gravy: puree gravy in a blender (make sure to secure the lid so you don’t burn yourself!)
Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Apryl from the blog Meridian Ariel. Apryl explains that the questions were compiled by her from a few different memes floating about. So she stole it from lots of people. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Halloween Meme
1. What is your favorite written work of horror fiction?
2. What is your favorite work of science fiction/fantasy?
~~ ET of course!
3. Who is your favorite monster?
~~ Sally on Monster Inc.
4. What is your favorite Horror movie?
~~ Nightmare on Elm Street.
5. What horror movie gives you the most chills?
~~ The Ring.
6. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
~~ I can't think of one.
7. Freddy or Jason?
8. What is your favorite Halloween treat?
9. Ghosts or goblins?
~~ Ghost like Casper.
10. Friendly-faced jack-o'-lantern or scary one?
~~ Friendly Face, of course!
11. What is your scariest encounter with the paranormal?
~~ I don't think I have one.
12. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
~~ No! I just think it is just an imagination.
13. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho?
~~ None of the above!
14. Favorite Halloween costume?
15. Best thing about Halloween?
~~ Trick or Treating with my son.
16. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
~~ My hubby and son.
17. Are you superstitious?
~~ Not at all!
18. Share an unusual Halloween story.
~~ None, really!
19. What did you do for Halloween as a kid?
~~ Went trick or Treating, of course...no party for me!
20. What's the best Halloween party that you've attended?
~~ None! I am not a fan of Halloween party!
Friday, October 23, 2009
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup walnut oil
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 4 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup cream sherry
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease three 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat together white sugar, brown sugar and oil. Stir in the pumpkin. Mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, coriander and salt. Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture until smooth. Stir in cream sherry. Beat till thoroughly blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold in nuts. Spoon batter into 3 greased 8x4 inch loaf pans, filling no more than three quarters full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean, about 65 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in pans before turn out onto wire racks to cool completely. Can be kept at room temp. for 4 days or frozen.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
1. I love frozen yogurt chocolate flavor because it is not as sweet as the ice cream.
2. Sweet potato pie with cream cheese is my most fave pie of all!
3. The Filipino style Leche Flan is the best flan for me!
4. Fruit salad especially Filipino style is so yummy.
5. Sugar free Dove chocolate is best for diabetic person like me who can rests chocolates.
6. Oh my, I almost forget the Cheese cake!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
You Would Be a Good Spouse 80% of the Time
You are caring, patient, giving, and romantic. You are willing to work for a marriage.
More than anything, you're not about to let your ego ruin a relationship.
You are humble and unselfish. And that's the key to being a good spouse.
Friday, October 9, 2009
However, if you are a residence of Canada, I have a good news for you. There is a contest going on that you might be interested on joining. Here you win have a chance to win a $32,000 Dream Kitchen and 12 Frigidaire fridges to celebrate the launch of their delectable new site! Experience the new Maple Leaf Market by meeting the the Butcher, the Baker and the Pasta Maker and make sure to get easy-to-make meal ideas. In addition, you can also find useful tips, recipes, coupons, contests and more! So, you better check it out and join the contest to win this fabulous prizes! I am sure my friend who lives in Canada would be very glad if she finds out about the kitchen makeover contest. If I were to win this contest, I would like new cabinetry, new flooring, new appliances and new windows on my kitchen; I also like my kitchen to be painted with warm color.
At Virginia Beach, VA
At Cape Hatterras Island, NC
Went swimming at the outer banks, NC
Ocracoke Island, NC
We rode on a Ferry together with our car ; it was a fun experienced for us!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Sunday Stealing: The Starrlight Meme
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
~~ Chocolate cupcake and Water flavored with Crysta Light mix
2. Where was your profile picture taken?
~~ At the Dallas Arboretum.
3. Can you play Guitar Hero?
~~ Nope! How I wished.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today. What was it about?
~~ My son (Jacob), when he made funny faces.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why?
~~ I stayed up till 1am, I was finishing this meme.
6. If you could move somewhere else where would you and why?
~~ Philippines, that is where my parents and siblings live.
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you?
~~ Ate Delia and her sister, Tessie.
9. Do you believe ex's can be friends? With benefits?
~~ Yes, why not; with no benefits at all!
10. Do you like Dr. Pepper?
~~ Not really, I prefer Rootbeer.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard? Really hard as opposed to just sniveling?
~~ Two weeks ago; I was very emotional that day for no reason at all.
12. Who took your profile picture?
~~ My Husband.
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
~~ My son with hubby and in-laws at Texas State Fair.
14. Was yesterday better than today? Why?
~~ Today is better than today because I was able to watch the Saturday session of the General Conference held in Salt Lake , Utah.
15. Can you live a day without TV?
~~ Yes...am busy blogging anyway.
16. Are you upset about anything now?
~~ There is nothing to be upset right now.
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
~~ Yes, don't you?
18. Are you a bad influence?
~~ Usually good influence...especially to my son.
19. Night out or night in?
~~ Night In of course!
20. What items could you not go without during the day?
~~ My purse; keys are there and so as my wallet and Cellphone.
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
~~ A family friend, William.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say?
~~ I can't remember, it has been awhile since I last check it.
23. How do you feel about your life right now?
~~ Peaceful and contented.
24. Do you hate anyone?
~~ I don't hate anyone, just annoyed with what they do.
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find?
~~ messages from friends.
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
~~ Yes, absolutely.
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
~~ Yes, my hubby and family.
28. What song is stuck in your head?
~~ Love is All Around.
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., whom do you want it to be?
~~ My husband who works night shift...we miss him a lot!
30. Do you (or did you) want to have grandkids before you’re 50?
~~ Yes, who wouldn't want grandkids? But this is not possible for me because my son is only 5 year old.
31. Tell us your Saturday night.
~~ Busy blog hopping, updating my blogs and talking with my son.
32. Do you think too much or too little?
~~ I do think too much most of the time.
33. Do you smile a lot?
~~ Yes, that is one asset people admire most about me.
* 1/2 cup pork (sliced into strips)
* 1/2 cup shrimps, shelled
* 1/4 cup chopped ham
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 cup shredded cabbage
* 1 tbsp. chopped carrots
* 6-7 cups chicken or meat broth
* 2 tbsp. cooking oil
* 1 tbsp. cornstarch.dissolved in water
* 2 raw eggs
* 2 tbsp. patis
* salt to taste
* 1 tsp. vetsin
Saute garlic and onion. When brown add pork, shrimps, and ham. Add patis; stir for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer until water is almost dry. Add broth. Cover and let boil for 10 minutes.
Drop in noodles, carrots, and shredded cabbage. Let boil for 3 minutes and thicken with dissolved cornstarch. Put off the heat.
Beat eggs and stir in. Do not boil. Serve at once.