Friday, December 25, 2009
2. Baby Boomer lives longer this century.
3. Imitation like brand name items can be deceiving.
4. I just have a question for you; can we go somewhere private and talk?
5. I'd like to thank everyone who sent me/us Christmas cards, messages and gave/sent gifts as well.
6. I still suffer from homesickness, will I get over it?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having dinner at friend's house tonight, tomorrow my plans include shop for things I need to send to the Philippines and laundry afterward and Sunday, I want to rest and relax after church!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
- 1 kg Pork Face
- 1/4 kg Pork Brain (Optional)
- 2 tsp. butter
- 4 pcs. Onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Catsup or Chilli Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fried Pork skin, grounded (Optional)
- 1 Egg (Optional) - only when serving
Sunday, December 20, 2009
This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Club House. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have been roasting a turkey every thanksgiving day, but for whatever reason I couldn't really make a great tasting turkey gravy. So, I always end up using store brought gravy mix that taste better for me than the one I make. Who would have thought that there is far better than gravy mix until I watched the gravy tips video from the Club House. The video is about how to I can now make a great-tasting homemade gravy without worry or fuss that my family wouldn't eat. I say that the video is entertaining as well as educational. From now on, I would add up chicken or turkey drippings on my gravy mix for a tasting gravy; indeed it is a secret to a best-tasting gourmet-type gravy! If you are interested, make sure that you check the link out and watch watch the Chef's Video Tips on how to make the perfect holiday gravy. Make your holiday meal perfect using the tips the chef himself!
Even better is that fill up the newsletter sign-up and contest entry form for a chance to win a Club House Gravy Gift Pack. If you want, you can also share your recipe with fellow raffle entrants also. For more info about the contest, read the contest rules. Who knows, you might be the lucky winners of the Club House Gravy Gift Pack.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
It has chicken broth. with noodles, bean sprouts, red onion, green onions, basil, sliced of lime and jalapeno and of course...slices of chicken.
For more entries just click the badge above.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The 6 Ws Meme
Is easy to love? ~~ Aside from myself...my family.
Do you just wanna smack? ~~ No one.
Do you trust? ~~ My husband... next to God.
Do you talk to when you're alone? ~~ The person on the other line.
Dangerous things do you do while driving? ~~ Watch those crazy drivers.
Are you allergic to? ~~ Nothing.
Is Satan's last name? ~~ No idea.
Is the freakiest thing in your house? ~~ None!
Is it time to turn over a new leaf? ~~ Right now!
Will you be all that you can be? ~~ I already am!
Is enough enough? ~~ Of what? Be specific.
Do you go to the dark side? ~~ Yup, when the sun goes down.
Are your pants? ~~ I am wearing one right now.
Is your last will and testament? ~~ We haven't done that yet.
Is your junk food stash? ~~ Yup, by hubby.
Is Carmen Sandiego? ~~ I don't know.
Was the Lone Ranger alone? ~~ You tell me...'cause I have no idea why.
Was The Scarlet Letter scarlet? ~~ I don't think so!
Are musicians sexy and plumbers not? ~~ Are they?
Are there no seat belts on school buses? ~~ Yeah, why? I need to ask my friend who is a school bus driver.
Swim the English Channel for a doughnut and coffee? If not that, what? ~~ Maybe if it is a Chicory.
Forgive someone who deliberately hurt you? ~~ Yes, why not?
Rather believe a lie if it hurt you less than the truth? ~~ No!
You still be alive if you were sucked out of an airplane window? ~~ Maybe, if I am wearing a parachute.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Honestly, I never asked my parents what their reactions was when I was born. All I know is that, I was born preemie (2 months early) on the 18th of March. I was so tiny enough to fit into a shoe box. Yup, that small. I stayed at NICU for few months... because we were so poor, they couldn't pay the hospital bills. I got baptized at the hospital where nurses and doctors who took care of me became my godparents. One of my godfather was a doctor who wanted to adopt me that time, but my parents and grandparents, NO! My mother went to a postpartum stage; she couldn't really takes care of me, so my grandparents (her Parents) stepped up, paid the bills decided to take care of me. Basically, I lived with till I was seven years old. I was loved by my grandfather, and so I was spoiled then. Because I grew up with them, I didn't get the chance of knowing and living with my parents and siblings till I was about to start going to school. At the young age of seven, I already knew how to wash my own clothes.
Friday, December 4, 2009
10-12 pieces beef shortrib
1-2 onions chopped
3-4 small carrots chopped
1-2 sticks celery chopped
4-5 clove garlic chopped
1-3 tomatoes diced
2-3 cups red wine
1-2 cups stock or water
1-2 stems rosemary
3-4 stems thyme
3-4 stems parsley
3-4 stems basil
Salt and pepper
1. Heat large deep frying pan or pot add butter then sear (brown) the short ribs on all sides at high heat.
2. Reduce to medium heat and add each veggie as it is chopped, in the order listed, to the large pot and let them all saute till soft.
3. Add garlic and stir till you smell the garlic begin to cook, then add tomatoes.
4. Add wine and just enough water to cover all the meat and vegetables. Let wine get hot (just to the simmering point), then drop in all the herbs - not chopped!
5. Cover with a lid and place in 250 F oven for 2 hours. Then remove lid and keep in oven till meat is tender and falling off the bone.