Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Our Family Business is Food

Guest post written by Robin Sparks

I eat, breath and sleep the diner that my family owns and I work at. But I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. I’ve just spent so much time there working that it’s almost like a member of our family.

I’ve never really had the memory or attention span to be a waitress, so I mostly take phone calls for take-out take out orders. I man the phones so much that I sometimes even recognize our customers’ voices as soon as I pick up the phone. That might help us in service, but that’s really just out of habit for doing the job for so long.

However, I noticed I was having a harder time hearing the orders of customers and went and got a hearing test to see if it was me or our old phone. It ended up being me and I got a hearing aid as a result.

None of the customers have said anything differently. I don’t know if they can tell or not but my brothers, who cooks in the restaurant, said he’s glad he doesn’t have to hear me say “huh” and “what” all the time to the customers now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


ss_blog_claim=d90ec15b61874ed46c473eace0feb06d