Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Friday, October 29, 2010

Buying Apples for Homemade Apple Cider

Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays


Making apple cider has always been one of my favorite fall activities, with jumping in freshly raked leaves coming in as a close second place. This year, I decided to get some apples from a local orchard to prepare the cider with.


On an early afternoon in late September, I piled into the car with some lunch and great CDs for the drive, set my home security alarm I found at Securitychoice.com, and began the three hour drive to the nearest apple orchard. While I drove, I enjoyed the incredibly beautiful scenery of the changing leaves, as well as the trees that had already started to shed some on the ground below.


Upon arriving at the orchard, I was amazed by how many people had apparently shared my idea - the parking lot was nearly entirely full! I found a spot near the back, and made my way into the orchard. Once I got inside, I realized there was actually a festival going on inside.


It turns out that I had come to the orchard on exactly the right day. The festival was a celebration of their 50th anniversary, and they had all of their products and apples on sale for 50% off. I gathered many delicious looking apples, as well as a few pre-made bottles of their apple cider. The day I picked was truly a wonderful coincidence.


3 comments:

  1. Is American Apple cider Vinegar as good as the organic one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! coupons codes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon arriving at the კალონკის ხელოსანი orchard, I was amazed by how many people had apparently shared my idea - the parking lot was nearly entirely full!

    ReplyDelete

 


ss_blog_claim=d90ec15b61874ed46c473eace0feb06d