Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Braised Beef (ala Chowking)

This is one of my favorite dish that Chowking serves. Every time I eat there this is the first thing I order, and then their siomai. I so love this dish and is craving for it, that is why I search for its recipe on the internet and luckily, I have found one. here is my finished braised beef, it is so yummy. I felt like I was eating the the restaurant!

Ingredients:
1/2 kg beef brisket
4 cups of water, add more if needed and 1/4 cup for cornstarch
2 tbsp Kikoman soy sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 star anise
2 tbsp onion, minced
1-2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
ground pepper to taste
1 carrot, cut diagonally
2 stalks of celery, cut diagonally
spring onions to garnish

Procedure:
1. Brown the beef in a little oil in a saucepan, then combine all the ingredients except the carrots, celery and the spring onions. Simmer the beef the meat until it's tender.
2. Add the carrots and celery.
3. Dilute the cornstarch to 1/4 cup water and add to the beef to thicken the sauce.
4. Put on top of a steamy rice and garnish with spring onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


ss_blog_claim=d90ec15b61874ed46c473eace0feb06d