Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Am Craving for Dinengdeng

I have been craving for this dish and I don't want to cook it without the veggies that goes with it; so I just need to wait till I get to the Philippines this summer. My mother can cook it for me...the Ilocano style. I like it with Patani, sigarilyas, bataw, and other veggies below. Good thing every once in awhile, two of my friends bring this dish every time we have a Filipino gatherings. They know I love this dish and so I eat a lot and take home some, too after the gathering is over.


Ilocano - Dinengdeng (Inabraw)

Ingredient:

1 milk fish (bangus); fried or grilled
1 cup string beans; cut into 2" long
6 pieces okra
1 cup squash; cut in cubes
squash young leaves and flowers
1 big ampalaya; cut in 2” rectangular lengths
1 onion; sliced
2 large tomatoes; sliced
1 cup jute leaves (saluyot)
1 root ginger; crushed
Bagoong isda
3 cups water

Cooking Instructions:

In a casserole, bring water to boil. Add onion, ginger, and tomatoes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Season with bagoong and continue boiling for 5 minutes. Remove the scum that rises on top of the liquid and then drop the milkfish. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add vegetables. Cook until vegetables are done. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Serve hot!

Tips:

You can use other kind of fish like tilapia or shellfish. You can also use or add other vegetables like sweet potato and malunggay fruits.

Some put sigarilyas, patani at bataw, too!

3 comments:

  1. Hay ang sarap talaga nito Ate Cess. Na-miss ko ang mama ko. She cooks really good too. Ako rin maghihintay na lang so she can cook this for me. Sarap na sarap ako sa picture pa lang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, too, especially if it's prepared by my Nanay. Served with tender loving care! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tasted this dish way back when we've visited my Mom's uncle in Ilocos. It's actually is delicious!!!

    www.orangesenorita.com

    ReplyDelete

 


ss_blog_claim=d90ec15b61874ed46c473eace0feb06d