My favorite Filipino style flan or shall we call it 'leche flan' in Tagalog. This yummy and creamy dessert is very famous during special occasions such as Christmas and New Year. I so love it. You should try it because it taste so much better than the custard pudding than Mexican style.
- 10 pieces raw eggs
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Using all the eggs, separate the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
- Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then beat them using a fork or an egg beater
- Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly
- Pour-in the fresh milk and mix well
- Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire
- Put-in the granulated sugar on the mold and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color
- Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold
- Wait for 5 minutes then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold
- Cover the top of the mold using an Aluminum foil
- Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate
- Serve for dessert. Share and Enjoy!