Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tuna Fish Salad, Recipe We Love!

I grew up in a country where seafood is abundant and cheap. My mother buys fresh seafood in the market almost everyday. That is why I have no problem eating seafood. My husband on the other hand is not fond of seafood and is allergic to scallops and oysters. But that doesn't stop me from cooking my favorite salmon, tuna, catfish and more. So when I got pregnant with my son, I enjoyed eating tuna salad. My doctor told me to be careful on the kind of seafood for some fish like swordfish, mackerel, shark because they are high in mercury. Tuna fish on the other hand is rich in omega-3's, protein, vitamin D, selenium and more which is healthy and important for pregnant women and for the healthy growth and development of small children. A scientific study was just released in which the findings show that women who skip seafood during pregnancy could be putting themselves in danger for depression. I am glad didn't skip eating seafood, now my son who is five loves fish, shrimps and other seafood and I didn't suffer depression. Tuna fish is very easy to prepare like tuna salad, tuna patty burgers and more. Here I have included a photo and recipe of my favorite healthy tuna fish salad shared by a generous Mom online.



Ingredients:

    1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained

    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

    1/4 cup chopped celery

    1/2 cup mayonnaise

    1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

    1/4 cup chopped onion

    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

    1/8 teaspoon salt

    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

    paprika to taste

    Directions: In a large bowl, combine the tuna, celery, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


ss_blog_claim=d90ec15b61874ed46c473eace0feb06d