Credits

myWeb-Blog Designs

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Great Man Dies!

While I was reading at church website: www.lds.org, I saw a big headline about the passing away of another apostles of the church, Joseph B. Wirthlin, Oldest Apostle, Dies, Age 91. He was a leader (one of the 12 apostles) in the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints. The LDS church has a general conference which is broadcasted to the world every April and October where leaders of the church share wonderful, uplifting spiritual messages. I loved Elder Wirthlin’s last conference talk “Come What May”, I think about this talk during those stressful days. Over the last few years it was obvious that Elder Wirthlin’s health was deteriorating so we knew he would pass on soon. I will miss the warmth and humour of his conference talks but I am happy for him to be reunited with his wife who passed away two years ago. Another apostle will be called in April 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


ss_blog_claim=d90ec15b61874ed46c473eace0feb06d