Isn't it colorful? That's the color of July 4th alright! Go and feel free to grab this easy recipe every one will enjoy at breakfast time!
There are many, fancy variations on this basic recipe. This recipe works with many types of bread - white, whole wheat, cinnamon-raisin, Italian or French. Serve hot with butter or margarine and maple syrup.
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- salt to taste
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.