Point the big people in your home to this blog and let them know about my "Kid Makes & Bakes" recipes.
The kids will need a lift to the grocery store, and maybe a little help in the kitchen, but most of these recipes can be made entirely by their little hands just for you!
Cooked in the microwave, this kid-friendly recipe is a great idea for a mother's day breakfast.
Kid Makes and Bakes: Italian Egg Wave
- 1 Teaspoon margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 Cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of quartered artichokes (from a can that a grown-up opens)
- 2 tablespoons of diced tomatoes (from a can that a grown-up opens)
- shakers with salt and pepper
- Use a paper towel to smear the margarine inside a nice soup bowl that can go into the microwave.
- Crack the eggs and put the gooey stuff inside into the soup bowl. Ask a grown-up for help if this is too hard to do. Throw the empty eggshells in the garbage and wipe off your hands if egg gets on them.
- Use a fork to stir the eggs in the bowl as fast as you can to whip them.
- Put the mozzerella cheese, artichokes, and tomatoes in the eggs. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper in the eggs and stir it all up.
- Set the microwave for 45 seconds and push start. Then, open the door and see if the eggs look dry. If they look wet, set the microwave for 30 seconds more and push start. When the eggs look dry, they are cooked.
- Wait until the bowl cools off before touching it, then take it out of the microwave.
- Put the bowl on a nice dinner plate and serve it to mom with a fork.